- Milk: from a local organic dairy, delivered in glass returnable bottles
- Honey: from beehives just about a mile away, as the crow flies, purchased in my own reusable mason jars
- Vegetables: from our own garden - fresh, frozen, dried, canned
- Eggs: from a neighbor's chickens
- Beef: we just ordered a quarter of beef from a neighbor
- Bread: although I'm purchasing the flour, I'm making sourdough bread on a regular basis
I think we're making great progress toward eating more sustainably and leaving the "formal economy". Next, I'd like to consider getting a grain mill, to grind my own flours. I'd still have to buy the grain, however.